“Prosperity and strength rise of order and reliance”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
|Capital||Antrum Tenebris Arce|
|Faith||Cultores De Stellarum|
The Socialist Federation of Nocta Terra is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Novus Aqualis with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.53 billion Nocts are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antrum Tenebris Arce. The average income tax rate is 90.0%.
The powerhouse Noctarian economy, worth 353 trillion Noxias a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 100,216 Noxias, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, school uniforms are compulsory, Noctarian novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Novus Aqualis, and the national security service are a bunch of crooks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nocta Terra's national animal is the Black Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Cultores De Stellarum.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nocta Terra's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Nocta Terra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Advanced Defense Forces, and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Nocta Terra relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Nocta Terra, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
- : Following new legislation in Nocta Terra, Noctarian novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Novus Aqualis.
- : Following new legislation in Nocta Terra, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Nocta Terra, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Nocta Terra, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Nocta Terra was refounded in Balder.
- : Nocta Terra ceased to exist in The North Pacific.