“Vede kōmedde már i slussde!” Kaj Finesnes-Sjælvársson
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
|Faith||Christianity and Fáuna-Spiritsm|
The Betrygge Rāvenriket of Nordustra is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Kaj Finesnes-Sjælvársson with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.475 billion Nōrdustrāns love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nattfáravík. The average income tax rate is 89.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nordustran economy, worth 181 trillion krystils a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 123,176 krystils, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, Kaj Finesnes-Sjælvársson's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, and dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nordustra's national animal is the five-legged ferret, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity and Fáuna-Spiritsm.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, Kaj Finesnes-Sjælvársson's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Nordustra voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, nothing gets the party jumping like Kaj Finesnes-Sjælvársson specifying how high.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, the Twelve Steps To Logging Off is the most popular mobile download.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Following new legislation in Nordustra, "Kaj Finesnes-Sjælvársson got your tongue?" has become a popular idiom.
Endorsements Received: 40 » The Black Forrest, Roless, Canaltia, Jutsa, Zerphen, Ruinenlust, Rhodevus, York Zionia, Ownzone, Atsvea, Window Land, Hyon Delta, Chilledsville, Uan aa Boa, Phillip Isle, The Void Territories, Lofia, Forest Virginia, Imperial States of Duotona, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Alcantaria, Galaxiak, The Cypher Nine, Novian Republics, Taco Respublic, Eryndlynd, Prusmia, Cuillin, Ransium, Kawastyselir, Tscharva, Lura, Bananaistan, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Siornor, Ecologist Hegemony, Daarwyrth, Love and Nature, and United Malay Federation.