“For the defense of the Republic”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: Union of Allied States
The Federal Republic of North Americas1 is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.229 billion North Americains enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 48.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient North Americain economy, worth 387 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 119,995 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", internet searches for the inventor of the three-wheeled steam-powered North Americain weed picker are way up, dentists routinely perform open heart surgery, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Americas1's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Americas1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : North Americas1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in North Americas1, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : Following new legislation in North Americas1, dentists routinely perform open heart surgery.
- : Following new legislation in North Americas1, internet searches for the inventor of the three-wheeled steam-powered North Americain weed picker are way up.
- : North Americas1 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : North Americas1 changed its national motto to "For the defense of the Republic".
- : North Americas1's influence in Union of Allied States rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : North Americas1 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : North Americas1 withdrew its endorsement from The Federal Monarchy of United Osean Federation.