“Honor & Belief Comrade!”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: New Dessalines
|Animal||African fish eagle|
The Democratic Republic of North Boduria is a tiny, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16 million North Bodurians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The thriving North Bodurian economy, worth 1.03 trillion NB reais a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 64,139 NB reais, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 227,033 per year while the poor average 13,083, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Military spending recently hit a new high, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that North Boduria will pay them to stop, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a problem. North Boduria's national animal is the African fish eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Boduria's influence in New Dessalines rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : North Boduria's influence in New Dessalines rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : North Boduria's influence in New Dessalines rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : North Boduria's influence in New Dessalines rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : North Boduria's influence in New Dessalines rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : North Boduria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, Largest Retail Industry, and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : The People's National Federation of Ottoman Syldavia appointed North Boduria as Diplomacy Officer with authority over Embassies in New Dessalines.
- : Following new legislation in North Boduria, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : North Boduria changed its national currency to "NB real".
- : North Boduria resigned from the World Assembly.