“Hear me roar”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Holy Empire of North Insomnia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Mad Loser with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.064 billion North Insomnians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Headachent. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient North Insomnian economy, worth 730 trillion piastres a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 179,849 piastres, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
North Insomnia's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children, the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Insomnia's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is ourselves.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, large-girthed charity workers assign themselves healthy wages for their work with starving children.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, North Insomnia's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : North Insomnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, no one is worried about government policies any more.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into North Insomnian as 'your finger, you fool'.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
Endorsements Received: 76 » H-Zhena, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Wiranath, Axdel, Hizuru, Galve, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, Am Echad, Kilkire, Pakitsk, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Stanisiti, Sericena, Dragons Blood, Eagas, Brethren, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, United China Nation, Rhealaliit, Ridann, Squid Ruinosa, Modra, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Freedom Fascists, Rainbow Vests, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, Monix, Asendavia, Merlovich, Rage Mage, Zukchiva, Great Algerstonia, Kevduxia, Ripsylvania, Fellon, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Rohanland, and 26 others.Coruh, Acronis, Lingu, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Raunch, Peoples Republic of GG, Virgoliaendorses, Puelo, Aivintis, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, TM-Jesselton, Sovietsoyuz, Greater New Cassandra, Imprisoned Freeman, Tseriesiscoming, Servants of Gizmo, Filipopol, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Nevertopia, and Santa Dystopia.