“Eat maple syrup free or die”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Van Ueff III|
The Republic of North Kanuckistan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Van Ueff III with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 6.536 billion North Kanuckies are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaverton. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming North Kanuckistanian economy, worth 679 trillion Kanucks a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 104,034 Kanucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, and signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Kanuckistan's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- : North Kanuckistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : North Kanuckistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety.
- : Following new legislation in North Kanuckistan, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas.
Endorsements Received: 164 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Drugged Monkeys, Kringalia, Farengeto, Tsunamy, Sandaoguo, Luddinlande, Aidenfieeld, Tsvetania, Hanguk-Nippon, Darakin, Wyatonians, Antarctic Empires, Si-topia, The Solar System Scope, Oxsania, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Lambdaland, Nankyoku Tairiku, Belschaft, Aywhyou, La Ascension, Escevola, Poopisiya, Volaworand, Paranoia, Curlyhoward, Phillius, Theorin, Kiasu-ism, Drystar, Dankstergrad, Dylar, Sedunn, The United Expanse, Japanese Federal Republic, The Two Jerseys, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Crabius, KIROVET, Madhonia, Seliyan progressive Islands, Privatore, Nothanksbutseriously, Jehenna, Ancient Slobovia, Sagada, Bandorion, Bergenu, and 114 others.Calistan, Lotadia, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Transtemporal Shifts, Moreana, FreeFishers, Rebel-topia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Rhetiaa, New Briantown, Nova Montron, Saciu, Great Andora, Quiescent, Pamela And Hepatitis, Ufask, Havenfell, Sanden, Pax Dracon, WTP All the good names are taken, Soem, Linden Oak, Three Rivia Levr, Cypheri, Aumeltopia, Beepee, GI-Land, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, UnShleepd, Elveka, Silberne Wache, The National Corporation, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, Isokenzar, Grimsby town, Concrete Slab, Yeldarbsland, Holy Chimerland, Namat Sta, Kerlodia, Asdfghuiop, East Sakhlin, Mirutania, Walloonia, Janapuri, Nowa Europa, Staubsaugen, PASTIR, Southern Numenor, Spearos, Xandev, Cuuldere, Abarri, Lorora3, Whimichy, Rabbitz, USNE2018, Darbor, Vincent Field, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, PEPEP, Lulliland, Birdkeeper, Ariankido, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Jahass, The Filippinas, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Academy of Umbrellas, Lichenitza, Akindom, Ostanasia, Stoniamera, Dasko, Pays de Loire, Agalaesia, Qawe, Churumduul, Novagentum, Upper Tyrconnel, Mew Nation, North Erfton, Phanama, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, P R of China, Aveerya, The West Valley Mountains, Maeiland, Aurcania, United Federated States of Omega, German Hapsburg, Negoshi, North Prarie, World United, Westoc Kinness, Srevana, Laropsa, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Bedain, BootJack, Kuddles, South Whitica, Ketathinamiri Islands, Bomamani, Higash, Rendania, Imperial Duck, and Solega.