|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Kingdom of Noth is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, public floggings, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 4.708 billion Nothians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of High City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Nothian economy, worth a remarkable 1,197 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 254,266 florins, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
Those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, and science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Noth's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Noth, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Noth, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Following new legislation in Noth, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Noth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Noth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Noth, those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads.
- : Following new legislation in Noth, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- : Following new legislation in Noth, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Noth voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Koem Kab".
- : Following new legislation in Noth, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.