“Hope for peace, prepare for war, act with honor.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||First Marshal Andronikos|
The Grand Militariat Republic of Nova-Columbia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by First Marshal Andronikos with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, devout population of 6.404 billion Columbians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tiir. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nova-Columbian economy, worth a remarkable 1,062 trillion Mazyrs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,942 Mazyrs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Many friends and relatives of First Marshal Andronikos have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, and police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova-Columbia's national animal is the Columbian Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Trivere.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Mays Austrian Nation.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Corner of H-Zhena.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Short Stacc of BearStackof2015.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Endorsed Libertanny First of Wiranath.
- : Nova-Columbia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Nova-Columbia lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Nova-Columbia endorsed The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Nova-Columbia was admitted to the World Assembly.