“United in Diversity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Greater Europe
The Greater European Union of Nova Europa is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 7.644 billion Europeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 25.1%.
The European economy, worth 317 trillion euros a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,491 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Military funding has been stripped back, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova Europa's national animal is the dove.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Europa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Nova Europa's influence in Greater Europe rose from "Powerbroker" to "Superpower".
- : Nova Europa's influence in Greater Europe rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Nova Europa's influence in Greater Europe fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Nova Europa's influence in Greater Europe fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Nova Europa's influence in Greater Europe fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Nova Europa lodged a message on the Greater Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Nova Europa changed its national nation type to "Greater European Union".
- : The General Secretariat of Paneuropean Union renamed the office held by Nova Europa from "President of the European Parliament" to "President of the Greater European Parliament" in Greater Europe.
- : Nova Europa's influence in Greater Europe fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".