“Liberty, Humanity, Socialism”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Region That Has No Big Banks
The Commonwealth of Novo Kyruvia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sydney Volken with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.293 billion Novo Kyruvians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Wales. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Novo Kyruvian economy, worth 121 trillion Kyruvian Kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 93,662 Kyruvian Kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits, graffiti graces every city's streets, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme, and teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs. Crime is totally unknown. Novo Kyruvia's national animal is the Sabo Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Novo Kyruvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Novo Kyruvia's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Novo Kyruvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Novo Kyruvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Novo Kyruvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Kyruvia, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- : Novo Kyruvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Novo Kyruvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Kyruvia, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Following new legislation in Novo Kyruvia, graffiti graces every city's streets.