|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Holy Empire of Nuevo Urdir is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 633 million Nuevo Urdirians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Madrilia. The average income tax rate is 46.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Nuevo Urdirian economy, worth 47.4 trillion Imperials a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,865 Imperials, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, under doctor's orders Leader is going on a diet and abolishing capital punishment, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags, and extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuevo Urdir's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nuevo Urdir's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Nuevo Urdir, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Nuevo Urdir was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Nuevo Urdir, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags.
- : Following new legislation in Nuevo Urdir, under doctor's orders Leader is going on a diet and abolishing capital punishment.
- : Following new legislation in Nuevo Urdir, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Following new legislation in Nuevo Urdir, women complaining about lack of opportunity are told to "man up".
- : Nuevo Urdir was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Nuevo Urdir was endorsed by The Zombiefied Republic of Qawe.
- : Nuevo Urdir was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Beepee, Saciu, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Erinor, Quiescent, Anachronolandia, Qvait, Land Without Shrimp, Xandev, Hanguk-Nippon, Aumeltopia, Farengeto, Luddinlande, Ariankido, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, State of Iowa, Aurcania, Substitute name, Agalaesia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Sesteran, Imperial Duck, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Higash, Direwolf1, Phanama, Qawe, and Mapico.