“Vincit Omnia Veritas - Truth Conquers All Things”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
|Animal||Eastern Numanoan Quail|
The Most Serene Republic of Numano is a large, cultured nation, remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 84 million Numanoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Numanoan economy, worth 4.13 trillion Numanis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,155 Numanis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them, autopsies often involve only cursory examination, citizens who use the word "Violet" incorrectly find their WhoTube content taken down, and the children of Numano are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Numano's national animal is the Eastern Numanoan Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Numano was endorsed by The Le Tercere Republice Federal of Taigama.
- : Numano was endorsed by The Republic of Farelonia.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, the children of Numano are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, citizens who use the word "Violet" incorrectly find their WhoTube content taken down.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Numano was endorsed by The Shadowy Empress of Farengeto.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Amerion, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Ever Testing, Holota, Chernaya Zvezda, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Eleuthelrium, Bleakfoot, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Esterwood, Arscanesia, PenguinPies, Treir, Great Lothian, Volaworand, Holy Free, Goom Bay, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tepertopia, ARIAPOLIS01, Shoinkwishima, Wehraboos, Kringalia, Eae, Ebonhand, Tsunamy, Gennaretia, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Driodal, Dupanda, Aflus, Abarri, Farengeto, Farelonia, and Taigama.