|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: Artificial Solar System
The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 204 is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 3.233 billion Oaks 204ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Oaks 204ian economy, worth 263 trillion planets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 81,557 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government seizes all major gold finds, when their backs are against the walls Oaks 204ians look out for gay men, nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure, and banning party poppers has been a real party pooper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 204's national animal is the falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 204 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 204, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 204, nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 204, when their backs are against the walls Oaks 204ians look out for gay men.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 204, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 204, the vow 'til death do us part' is often taken as an invitation to murder.
- : Oaks 204's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 204 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Oaks 204 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 204 relocated from Pigeons to Artificial Solar System.