“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Old West Indies
The Free Land of Old West Indies Founder is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its public floggings, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 2.103 billion Old West Indies Founderians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 57.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Old West Indies Founderian economy, worth 36.1 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 17,155 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, some are born loving old plays and some have old plays thrust upon them, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, and the 'sing-a-long with Leader' album is a popular souvenir. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Old West Indies Founder's national animal is the falcon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Old West Indies Founder was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Old West Indies Founder's influence in Old West Indies fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Old West Indies Founder appointed The Kingdom of OWI Curators as Moderator with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in Old West Indies.
- : Old West Indies Founder's influence in Old West Indies fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Old West Indies Founder's influence in Old West Indies rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Old West Indies Founder updated the World Factbook entry in Old West Indies.
- : Old West Indies Founder's influence in Old West Indies rose from "Powerbroker" to "Superpower".
- : Old West Indies Founder published "OWI.gov | Home" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Old West Indies Founder published "Old West Indies Wiki" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Old West Indies Founder's influence in Old West Indies fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".