“By any means necessary”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: The Lebanon Pact
The Oppressed Peoples of One Mind is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, soft-spoken computers, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 419 million human assets are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 83.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant One Mindian economy, worth 1.96 trillion Gigabytes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 4,668 Gigabytes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Black tea is only available on the black market, students everywhere have been despairing after the recent ban on video games, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law, and a vast monorail network carries people all over the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. One Mind's national animal is the microchip, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact fell from "Dominator" to "Power".
- : One Mind's influence in The Lebanon Pact rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : One Mind lodged a message on the The Lebanon Pact Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in One Mind, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in One Mind, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.