“Rise from the Ashes, Live in the Freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Kingdom of Onirie is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 567 million Onirieans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Onnjirie. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Oniriean economy, worth 57.8 trillion Onirs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 102,006 Onirs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap, they say that Leader's personal computer is full of naked pictures of the Emperor of Maxtopia, and embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Onirie's national animal is the Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Onirie, embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns.
- : Onirie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Following new legislation in Onirie, they say that Leader's personal computer is full of naked pictures of the Emperor of Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Onirie, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Onirie was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Onirie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Onirie was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Onirie, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly.
- : Following new legislation in Onirie, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Onirie, meat-eating is frowned upon.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Saciu, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Miltonville, North Prarie, Dasko, Barabarom, Tsunamy, Xandev, Farengeto, Luddinlande, Ariankido, Quiescent, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Qvait, Jennaterra, Substitute name, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Imperial Duck, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Empa Aserium, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, Anachronolandia, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Direwolf1, Phanama, Qawe, Mapico, Myur Arditt, Malonereich, and West Carlisten.