“You Can't Stop Progress” the Federal Council
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||the Federal Council|
The Federal Monarchy of Orleanth is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Federal Council with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 898 million Orléanthes hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barathé. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Orléanthian economy, worth 98.6 trillion kroner a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 109,827 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Orleanth's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orleanth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Orleanth, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Orleanth, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Orleanth endorsed The Kansainyhteisö of Vjeresland.
- : Following new legislation in Orleanth, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes.
- : Following new legislation in Orleanth, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Orleanth, doctors spend more time writing sick notes than caring for the sick.
- : Orleanth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Orleanth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Orleanth, smoking is banned in public areas.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Titanne, The Bigtopia, Giant Redwoods, Marvinville, Rushenberg, ASEAN Nations, North Hinterlund, The Peoples Caribbean Union, Besancia, Korsinia, Zon island, Food can into Space, The Marconian State, Lemonadia, Marie Byrd, Brototh, Emazia, Ermica, Broustan, Rivogna, World Trade, Peabodia, Cheesecakeastan, Taungu, Black Spears, and Vjeresland.