“Ess Ore” the Governor
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Queen's State of Orse is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 22.953 billion Orseans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The enormous, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.4%.
The powerhouse Orsean economy, worth 995 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 43,379 betales, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 175,883 per year while the poor average 7,121, a ratio of 24.7 to 1.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, Orse has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, the Governor has just been declared ruler of Orse in an international press conference, and none has been named as Orse's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orse's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Orse's influence in Senegal rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Orse relocated from Crematoria to Senegal.
- : Orse relocated from 0000 to Crematoria.
- : Orse's influence in 0000 rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".