|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Dominion of Osiris Gameside Affairs is a massive, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The cynical population of 1.573 billion Osiris Gameside Affairsians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 52.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Osiris Gameside Affairsian economy, worth 11.5 trillion tacoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 7,333 tacoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, an exhibition on snek memes is currently starring at the National Art Gallery, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Osiris Gameside Affairs in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Osiris Gameside Affairs's national animal is the snek.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs published "The Osiris Oracle || Issue 18: Festivals, Recipes and a Slice of History" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs altered its national flag.
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs relocated from Lazarus to Osiris.
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Osiris Gameside Affairs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.