“Eat or be eaten.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Kingdom of Oslofjord is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its vat-grown people, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.265 billion Vikings enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oslo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33.6%.
The all-consuming Oslofjordian economy, worth 644 trillion Kroner a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 122,488 Kroner, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
The law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, it's surprisingly hard to find pictures of the bad haircuts from Leader's childhood, and Oslofjordian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Oslofjord's national animal is the Arctic Reindeer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oslofjord was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Oslofjord's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Oslofjord was endorsed by The Owlish LC of Aidenfieeld.
- : Following new legislation in Oslofjord, Oslofjordian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Oslofjord, it's surprisingly hard to find pictures of the bad haircuts from Leader's childhood.
- : Following new legislation in Oslofjord, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- : Oslofjord was endorsed by The Kingdom of Astraee.
- : Oslofjord was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Oslofjord was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Higash.
- : Oslofjord was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Upper Tyrconnel, Wehraboos, Aurcania, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Tsunamy, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Land Without Shrimp, Barabarom, Volaworand, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, United Federated States of Omega, Anachronolandia, Xandev, Agalaesia, Ketathinamiri Islands, Farengeto, Kiasu-ism, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Qawe, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Imperial Duck, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Hanguk-Nippon, Qvait, The Filippinas, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Mapico, Gecetesse, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Quiescent, West Carlisten, Abarri, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Tsvetania, Benstralis, Higash, Romanus Terrae, Astraee, Aidenfieeld, and Direwolf1.