“For the Pacyfik!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: New Democratic Union
The Constitutional Monarchy of Pacyfik is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Asami Adawara-Nivolaj with an iron fist, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, aversion to nipples, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.843 billion Pacyfikians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kyoto. The average income tax rate is 83.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Pacyfikian economy, worth 364 trillion Rulars a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 198,035 Rulars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, political activists are routinely executed, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, and citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pacyfik's national animal is the Kemonomimi, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Nivtoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pacyfik, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon.
- : Pacyfik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Pacyfik endorsed The The rice united of Lock and Key.
- : Following new legislation in Pacyfik, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Pacyfik, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Pacyfik, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Pacyfik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Pacyfik's influence in New Democratic Union fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Pacyfik lodged a message on the New Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- : Pacyfik's influence in New Democratic Union rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".