“Order and progress.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Coalition of Democratic Nations
The Grand Federation of Paglaum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.802 billion Paglaumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wilwatikta. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Paglaumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,873 trillion Paglaumian Guilders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 173,411 Paglaumian Guilders, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 581,030 per year while the poor average 38,440, a ratio of 15.1 to 1.
Many suspect the government "doth protest too much" with their curiously specific denials of conspiracy theories, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence, and school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paglaum's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paglaum was endorsed by The Republic of Manaban.
- : Paglaum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Paglaum was endorsed by The Republic of The Unicrons.
- : Paglaum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Paglaum changed its national currency to "Paglaumian Guilders".
- : Paglaum altered its national flag.
- : Paglaum changed its national animal to "Eagle", its capital to "Wilwatikta", its currency to "Paglaumian Pound", its demonym to "Paglaumian", its demonym adjective to "Paglaumian", its motto to "Order and progress.", and its nation type to "Grand Federation".
- : Paglaum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Paglaum's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Paglaum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Unjust Warfare".
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Unicrons.