“Striving towards a brigter future”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Commonwealth of Palenhold is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 340 million Palenholdians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luskan. The average income tax rate is 65.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Palenholdian economy, worth 24.1 trillion Pals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 70,909 Pals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, the Owlbear is a protected species, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, and employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Palenhold's national animal is the Owlbear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Palenhold was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, the Owlbear is a protected species.
- : Palenhold was endorsed by The Absurd Memory of Ravendi.
- : Palenhold was endorsed by The Free Land of Interdimensional Zone.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Runeda, Territorio di Nessuno, Siwale, Alunya, Yaorozu, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Loutsland, Sunto, Sil Dorsett, Trillius, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Bights Mum, New Octicarg, PlanetPunk, Corfad, Dreadton, Dar es Saalam, Notyoutopia, North Bratislava, Kwaj, Duerrlewang, Newpromisedland, Sockmanland, Shibutani, Daiz, Kasazzastan, Federation Terra Australis, Aratani, El Fiji Grande, Bearical, Ponantine, Spartoptia, New Bremerton, Guer Aike, New Lakemba, Maott, Racoda, Zumlandia, Shadowrik, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Koda-Land, Sundred, 1 very fast endotarter, Makersaulache, Nakayo, Pasargad, Kulgatha, Wisconsota, Wineclaw, and 48 others.Holy Oranz, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Steampunk Ariel, The Tampa Bay Rays, Prydania, McMasterdonia, Amauri, Gnomewatchers, Cuyan, Selfgradatude, Moubarakistan, Solskjar, Glurponia, Eteles, Joodey, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Nothru Lerple, Great Javadwipa, Pleroma Sans Romans, Partax, Angshire, Xzavia-Hjar, Miruma, Kranostav, Loli County, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Pazair, Landnovia, United Kahndaq, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Black Templares, Viridiann, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, Orado, Pallaith, Eravonia, Idumetala, Parmovand, Interdimensional Zone, and Ravendi.