“Striving towards a brigter future”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
|Faith||Colleagues of the Holy Iron|
The Commonwealth of Palenhold is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Connor Wesley with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, soft-spoken computers, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.113 billion Palenholdians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luskan. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Palenholdian economy, worth 177 trillion Pals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 83,795 Pals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Concussed Owlbearball players cannot remember their lineup position, the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Connor Wesley's bedroom. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Palenhold's national animal is the Owlbear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Colleagues of the Holy Iron.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Connor Wesley's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, the government seems embarrassed to be seen governing.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, concussed Owlbearball players cannot remember their lineup position.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, being Connor Wesley has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, Connor Wesley's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers.
- : Following new legislation in Palenhold, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
Endorsements Received: 177 » Runeda, Territorio di Nessuno, Siwale, Yaorozu, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Loutsland, Sunto, Sil Dorsett, Trillius, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Bights Mum, New Octicarg, PlanetPunk, Corfad, Dreadton, Dar es Saalam, Notyoutopia, North Bratislava, Kwaj, Newpromisedland, Shibutani, Daiz, Kasazzastan, El Fiji Grande, Bearical, Guer Aike, New Lakemba, Maott, Zumlandia, Shadowrik, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Koda-Land, Sundred, 1 very fast endotarter, Nakayo, Pasargad, Wisconsota, Wineclaw, Holy Oranz, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Steampunk Ariel, The Tampa Bay Rays, Prydania, McMasterdonia, Gnomewatchers, Selfgradatude, Moubarakistan, Solskjar, Glurponia, and 127 others.Joodey, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Pleroma Sans Romans, Partax, Kranostav, Yukti, PotatoFarmers, Pazair, United Kahndaq, The Iron Lions, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Viridiann, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, Zyvetskistaahn, Orado, Pallaith, Interdimensional Zone, Ravendi, Valhalla123, Empy, Ethnon, Valentine Z, Praeceps, Fendlium, Volstokn, Cobleck Weleis, Tachycardia, Abject Ludicrosity, Avemterra, Napnomadia, Makersaulache, Loli County, Serendipita Martia, Hamerica, Wilkshire, Merconitonitopia, Noahs Second Country, Universal State Formula, Woodsend, Xagill, The New Communist Republic Of States, MiaryBhalzhack, The Endless Eventide, Votak Matim, SherpDaWerp in TNP, Ihese, Diodone, Crader, Yokciq Empire, Plangainer, SORT, Varola, Malta Comino Gozo, The Windmilluminati, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Nistriabar, Unshleepd, Irishvan, Kobagia, The Pantheons, Korovan Isles, The Most Freedom Ever, Zeternia, Astronomical, Westinor, The Serdey Islands, Fauzjhia, Greater Pittsburgh, Mesopotama, Frostcell, Sikol, Saperisole, Zzozona, Nordic-British Union, Former English Colony, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Asoc lon, Kocherian, The Calabash Protectorate, Seanat, Pizza Squared, Libertania Democratica, Brucklania, Arichia, Schnuftelland, Highton Islands, New Jamgra, Xyrron, Madjack, Nolan Burg, Kragsgale, Xipher, Simone Republic, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Ultra777, Buckhem, Andexia, Principia Mathematica, Innocentic, U S Eh, Ihsan, Eschatosia, Therizia, Aerilia, Cretox State, Morover, Harjad, Heilhum Imperius, Arlens Apartment, Nouvelle-Floride, Eywaan, Outer Shenendoah, Amprak, Comfed, The Kingdom Of Wagies, Chips and Guac, Navsland, Hardscrabble, Lulubellia, Abonland, R libanon, and Sopernia.