“Stop reading my motto!”
Regional Influence: Unproven
Location: The North Pacific
The PS2 Puppet of Pallidonia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.364 billion Pallidonians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Law & Order and Environment not funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pallidonian economy, worth a remarkable 3,086 trillion Horses a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an amazing 297,781 Horses, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,887,181 per year while the poor average 1,481, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming, fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers, and everybody's got wood thanks to Leader. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Pallidonia's national animal is the Dollar, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pallidonia lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Pallidonia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Pallidonia, everybody's got wood thanks to Leader.
- : Following new legislation in Pallidonia, fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers.
- : Pallidonia relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Pallidonia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pallidonia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pallidonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Pallidonia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pallidonia altered its national flag.