“May the Goddess smile upon us”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
|Leader||Emperor of the Goddess|
|Animal||Great White Shark|
The Ordained Lands of Palutenia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor of the Goddess with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 5.798 billion Palutenians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tetra. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.7%.
The powerhouse Palutenian economy, worth 628 trillion Medallions a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 108,477 Medallions, with the richest citizens earning 8.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Palutenia's national animal is the Great White Shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Solaris.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palutenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Palutenia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Gambosnia and Herzegoman.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The Unitary Democracy of Amerian States.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The Radio Minister of Dreadton.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The Not so much Grumpy Colony of Sunto.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Zzozona.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The Epic Revolution of Omnistria.
- : Palutenia was endorsed by The North Pacific is Fijitastic of El Fiji Grande.
- : Palutenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.