“You Can't Stop Progress” Sultan and Caliph Kayra I
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
Location: Soviet Democracy
|Leader||Sultan and Caliph Kayra I|
The Neo-Ottoman Empire of Panhist Turkey is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sultan and Caliph Kayra I with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 7.552 billion Turks enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, corrupt government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Industry, Education, and Environment are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Istanbul. The average income tax rate is 74.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Turkish economy, worth 912 trillion Akces a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,847 Akces, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The military is plagued with unethical researchers, all gamers have been drafted into the military despite their lack of upper body strength, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation, and students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Panhist Turkey's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Socialist Utopia of Ex Patrian SSR dismissed Panhist Turkey as Commissar for Culture of Soviet Democracy.
- : Panhist Turkey was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Panhist Turkey, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
- : Panhist Turkey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Panhist Turkey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Panhist Turkey endorsed The Greater Territory of The Alperian Union.
- : Panhist Turkey was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Greater Merseychester.
- : Panhist Turkey lodged a message on the Soviet Democracy Regional Message Board.
- : Panhist Turkey endorsed The Kingdom of Ja Lapland.
- : Panhist Turkey endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Whodom.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Nicarberrolicka, Ex Patrian SSR, Luperca, Survaek, Satima, Of Marxist Russian Republics, Nadezda, Amosiac, Varmastaat, True Democratic Socialism, Korpar, Rubinja, Tichen, Imori, Close-Lands, Frekhborlo, Nova Ivoruim, Vod Anarchy, Free Krym, and Greater Merseychester.