“Rise from the ashes” Moon Prince
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Kingdom of Paplia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Moon Prince with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.453 billion Paplians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dextros. The average income tax rate is 83.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Paplian economy, worth 163 trillion Paps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 66,647 Paps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, supervisors in Paplia commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paplia's national animal is the Pheonix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Paplia, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Colony of South Bees.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Quentibanch of Caterasia.
- : Following new legislation in Paplia, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Following new legislation in Paplia, supervisors in Paplia commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Hidden Tropical Rainforest of Forgotten Beauty.
- : Following new legislation in Paplia, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Infernal Ornithocracy of Crowacia.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Ransium, Feladria, Novian Republics, Lura, Ruinenlust, Burkhai, Atsvea, Turbeaux, Middle Barael, Hyon Delta, Canaltia, Effazio, Dwardossa, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ziotah and Riverside, Cat-Herders United, Chilledsville, Blon Gre, Candlewhisper Archive, Love and Nature, Eryndlynd, Kawastyselir, Entitize, The Black Forrest, Window Land, Ordand, Verdant Haven, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, Reannia, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Roless, Deontologia, The Void Territories, Tscharva, Artemis, Vanenia, Kinectia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Bregaria, Eaven, South Wal Saland, Talgarth, Norginlajicratefe, Forestal, BEKM, The New Bluestocking Homeland, and 11 others.Ashrah, Alcantaria, Tur Ada, Itini, Edible Plywood, Taco Respublic, Cikya, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, Caterasia, and South Bees.