“All power to the Workers”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: The Region That Has No Big Banks
The Democratic Republic of Partisan Italy is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 610 million Partisan Italians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Roma. The average income tax rate is 85.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Partisan Italyian economy, worth 44.9 trillion Lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. Average income is 73,540 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Partisan Italians incessantly needle their doctors for relief, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers, and families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Partisan Italy's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Partisan Italy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Partisan Italy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Partisan Italy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Partisan Italy, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country.
- : Following new legislation in Partisan Italy, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- : Following new legislation in Partisan Italy, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Partisan Italy, Partisan Italians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in Partisan Italy, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Partisan Italy was endorsed by The *Insert something funny here of Peoples Republic of Peepeeland.
- : Partisan Italy's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
Endorsements Received: 38 » Yodle, Cerebrias, Chinpa, Burikat, Akaavir, Sanomycromony, Socialistic Britain, Free State of Belgium, Lucrom, Endille, Fey And Co, Aya Democratic Republic, United Islands of The Sea, The Washington Federation, Tychovo, Lkandria, Alvnhiem, Based Communes, Ophaesia, Aurynovia, Ardeyn, Pifflepoff, SIDDHARISTAN, Santu Surgo, Redocious, The Balkan Countries, Anzaris, Chivka, Liliths Revenge, Danlandea, Lichtenland, Tornnland, Samstiel, New United Common-lands, Palialus, Dogeiana, Lotarmy, and Peoples Republic of Peepeeland.