“For Pathon We Trust!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Free Nations Region
The People's Republic of Pathon is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-working, cynical population of 610 million Pathonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pathon City. The average income tax rate is 46.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pathonian economy, worth 77.5 trillion Paäds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 127,071 Paäds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can't decide whether to be proud or horrified by the country's colonial history, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them, and reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pathon's national animal is the Neko Chan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pathon, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees.
- : Pathon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Pathon endorsed The Colony of Himmel Ende.
- : Pathon was endorsed by The Colony of Himmel Ende.
- : Pathon endorsed The Grandvassal Interstelaria of Ratakosha.
- : Pathon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Pathon was endorsed by The Grandvassal Interstelaria of Ratakosha.
- : Pathon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Pathon, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them.
- : Following new legislation in Pathon, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Xurisha, Rokandia, Grand Abaco, BurgerKing, Gufand, My Nation, Emaha, Windhelme, Lanerfon, Galali, OF Arian Hellas, The Nation of JH, Ord Fiessulled, Sparsdan, Hetairaea, Tenionistland, Narvatus, Red Foxia, Ulymein, Ornionam, Tylil, Decitealis, Republic of Arstotska, Underwater Sovereignties, Doctors Orvos, Free Pacific Republic, Literian, New Collieland, Ramokee, Hotak, Moka Pamplemousses, Teshkeshia, Angelsnow Matriarchy, Western Wakayama, Basalistan, Damerloodds, Tan Talaba, Eluthania, Ste Franin, Rapid Cty, Archargentina, Tricastinie, Laidir, EileanDonan, Saintrilu, Heinricherstein, Alitani, Gono3lan, Terrarum, Tigerania, and 18 others.Phoenician State, Jitstess, Montserrat Republic, South Asiania, Syrisia, Amaryllisia, Alphabeth, Arktown Island, Indigoja, Outer Ginboreajetorice, Skaitan, BellaJelly, The Republic of Awesometopia, Zedyeg, Stmagos, BBoss, Ratakosha, and Himmel Ende.