“Do, or don't, no in between.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Nipper
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Empire of Pax Operia is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 603 million Operians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Youpon. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Pax Operian economy, worth 12.0 trillion Shards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 19,925 Shards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished, young girls aren't having a ball but they are enjoying themselves, Pax Operia has designated Youpon as its capital city, and top-shelf magazines feature risqué centrefold spreads of ladies' wrists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pax Operia's national animal is the Quelea, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pax Operia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Pax Operia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Pax Operia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Pax Operia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Pax Operia relocated from Rantariztan to The Rejected Realms.
- : Pax Operia was ejected and banned from Rantariztan by The Dominion of Rantarod.
- : The Dominion of Rantarod dismissed Pax Operia as Homeland Officer of Rantariztan.
- : The Dominion of Rantarod appointed Pax Operia as Homeland Officer with authority over Appearance in Rantariztan.
- : Pax Operia's influence in Rantariztan fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Contender".
- : Pax Operia's influence in Rantariztan fell from "Hermit" to "Eminence Grise".