|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Pelland is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Mr Knightley with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.671 billion Pellandians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pelhambra. The average income tax rate is 36.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pellish economy, worth 220 trillion Pels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 132,023 Pels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, and seasonal hay-fever sufferers are attending government drug counselling sessions to get free doughnuts. Crime is totally unknown. Pelland's national animal is the Butterfly, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pelland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Pelland, seasonal hay-fever sufferers are attending government drug counselling sessions to get free doughnuts.
- : Following new legislation in Pelland, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Pelland, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough.
- : Following new legislation in Pelland, the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced.
- : Following new legislation in Pelland, left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks.
- : Pelland was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Pelland endorsed The Holy United Socialist States of Ufask.
- : Pelland was endorsed by The Holy United Socialist States of Ufask.
- : Following new legislation in Pelland, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Hanguk-Nippon, Kiasu-ism, Nova Montron, Upper Tyrconnel, Barabarom, Tsunamy, Tsvetania, Darakin, Calistan, Erinor, Jehenna, Jennaterra, Qawe, UnShleepd, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Agalaesia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Wehraboos, Solega, Lambdaland, Dasko, Volaworand, Linguiniland, Seliyan progressive Islands, Aumeltopia, Yellunstryer, The Filippinas, Abarri, Ariankido, Mew Nation, Aidenfieeld, Anachronolandia, Antarctic Empires, Spearos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Paenoa, Poopisiya, Qvait, Imperial Duck, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Pax Dracon, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, The naked people, Empa Aserium, Quiescent, and 9 others.Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Proctethia, Si-topia, Omiri, Pamela And Hepatitis, Gentea, Mapico, and Ufask.