“Even a communist superpower won't stop us” Emperor Ilan II
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Leader||Emperor Ilan II|
The Empire of Pendors is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Ilan II with a fair hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.77 billion Pendorsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berden. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pendorsian economy, worth 418 trillion Shekels a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,120 Shekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes, and 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Pendors's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes.
- : Pendors was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Pendors voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Pendors voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Pendors, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Indian Genius, Fishergate, Besancia, Rushenberg, Giant Redwoods, Hulldom, Marvinville, Le Caldreaux, Freytoria, ASEAN Nations, Islonia, Korsinia, The Peoples Caribbean Union, World Trade, The Marconian State, Lemonadia, Flandronia, Emazia, Broustan, Rivogna, Peabodia, and Dizgovzy.