“Loyalty and Truth” Pengil
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Democratic Republic of Pengnia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Pengil with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 5.177 billion Pengnians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Penguitia. The average income tax rate is 64.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Pengnian economy, worth 208 trillion Pengs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 40,280 Pengs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular, posters on 'Pengnian Values' advise against being proud of Pengnia, NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people, and excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pengnia's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Following new legislation in Pengnia, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Pengnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Pengnia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Pengnia, NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people.
Endorsements Received: 47 » ReeK, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Wiranath, Hizuru, Axdel, Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, Brethren, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Someseni, CopyCato, Evrigenis, Monix, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Stellar Colonies, Modra, Trulu, Todd McCloud, Schrebia, Greater New Cassandra, Coruh, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Peoples Republic of GG, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, A mean old man, The Atlae Isles, Filipopol, Nevertopia, BuciLand, and Santa Dystopia.