“Chaos and destruction”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Kingdom of Photrisia is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, disturbing lack of elderly people, and suspicion of poets. The cynical population of 534 million Photrisians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 39.2%.
The sizeable but inefficient Photrisian economy, worth 18.6 trillion rubledollars a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,912 rubledollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Some of the country's most famous photographers are animals, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber, and obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Photrisia's national animal is the hawk, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Photrisia, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals.
- : Following new legislation in Photrisia, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Photrisia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Photrisia, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Photrisia, some of the country's most famous photographers are animals.
- : Following new legislation in Photrisia, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Photrisia relocated from The communication zone to TSP.
- : Photrisia lodged a message on the The communication zone Regional Message Board.
- : Photrisia relocated from TSP to The communication zone.
- : Photrisia's influence in TSP rose from "Power" to "Superpower".