“Freedom, Unity, and Prosperity.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Unproven
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Plangainer is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kevin Bradley with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.537 billion Plangainerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Folkhul. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Plangainerian economy, worth 532 trillion Plangainerian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 117,299 Plangainerian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Primary candidates are replaced if they fail to compliment Kevin Bradley's hair, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Plangainer's national animal is the Golden Jackal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Plangainer's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Plangainer altered its national flag.
- : Plangainer applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Plangainer relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Plangainer, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Plangainer, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.
- : Following new legislation in Plangainer, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in Plangainer, primary candidates are replaced if they fail to compliment Kevin Bradley's hair.
- : Plangainer was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Plangainer, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.