|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Congrats Delegoose of Pledonia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lukas Gronseth with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.54 billion Pledonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byta. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Pledonian economy, worth 118 trillion Ducals a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,704 Ducals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's no cure or sympathy for the common cold, the government pours millions of Ducals into rehabilitation programs annually, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, and edutainment video games are taking Pledonia's students to the next level. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pledonia's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pledonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Pledonia was endorsed by The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng.
- : Pledonia endorsed The New Horizons of Greater New Cassandra.
- : Pledonia was endorsed by The New Horizons of Greater New Cassandra.
- : Pledonia endorsed The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Pledonia was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Pledonia, edutainment video games are taking Pledonia's students to the next level.
- : Following new legislation in Pledonia, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
- : Following new legislation in Pledonia, the government pours millions of Ducals into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Following new legislation in Pledonia, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Technocratic Tagalog, Insi Karai, A mean old man, Gunov, Adolanta, North Bernia, Wallenburg, Debluu, VW53Aland, Nordic Eurasia, New Leganes, Asendavia, Mays Austrian Nation, Kyalgray, Brotherland, East Malaysia, Modra, Tretrid, Zukchiva, Axdel, Zidium, Distro-Spartica, Oofery, Lorrana, Javethia, Enlil, Staynes, The Oan Isles, Empire of Dabiristan, Abadong, Crucifer, Iodinia, Great Algerstonia, Sancta Pannonia, Nifalembria Zamingstan, Isildor, BearStackof2015, Martian States of America, Santa Dystopia, FreedomIand, Eastern Alksearia, Order of the saint Dumas, Marrabuk, Kylah, Federated States of Zootron, Shavara, Tvrtkovija, Patucandia, Chriona, Malabasy, and 8 others.Germanotta, The Three States of Fortuna, Amjedia, Kohndalkia, Nirsk, Namaste Isle, Greater New Cassandra, and Pekweng.