“Join us or go to hell.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Empire
The Holy Empire of Pogaria is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Emmanuel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, sprawling nuclear power plants, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 39.227 billion Pogarians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominion. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Pogarian economy, worth a remarkable 3,446 trillion kosses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 87,865 kosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The law says that all Pogarians are created equal no matter how they were created, burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine, the best-of-the-best athletes have been replaced by the best-of-the-mediocre, and the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pogaria's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Truthism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pogaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Embassy".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right To Secure Digital Communication".
- : Pogaria was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
- : Pogaria lost WA Delegate status in The Empire.
- : Pogaria became WA Delegate of The Empire.
Endorsements Received: None.