“Join us or go to hell.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Empire
The Holy Empire of Pogaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Emmanuel with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 40.602 billion Pogarians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominion. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Pogarian economy, worth a remarkable 3,501 trillion kosses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 86,246 kosses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The law says that all Pogarians are created equal no matter how they were created, burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine, the best-of-the-best athletes have been replaced by the best-of-the-mediocre, and the beauty of coastal towns is marred only slightly by all the closed-down storefronts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pogaria's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Truthism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pogaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Pogaria was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Omnibus Due Process Act".
- : Pogaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Drug Decriminalization Act"".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pallaith".
- : Pogaria was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promoting Democratic Stability Act".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Transgender Self-Determination".
- : Pogaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Catgirl Hivemind".
- : Pogaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Health and Safety Act".
Endorsements Received: None.