“The Virtual Pokémon”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The United Socialist States of Poryland is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 339 million Porylandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Porylandian economy, worth 1.49 trillion Pories a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is 4,382 Pories, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, extreme political groups are outlawed, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poryland's national animal is the Porygon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Poryland's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Poryland's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Poryland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Poryland's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Poryland was refounded in Balder.
- : Poryland ceased to exist.
- : Poryland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Poryland, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'.
- : Following new legislation in Poryland, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Poryland was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".