“Freedom, Progress, Community”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Nation Dumping Ground
The Democratic Republic of Pragati is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 484 million Pragatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kriaa. The average income tax rate is 47.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Pragatian economy, worth 40.8 trillion Sarkons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,231 Sarkons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The "blue screen of death" forces many trials to be either aborted or restarted, the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pragati's national animal is the Pragan Dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pragati's influence in Nation Dumping Ground rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Pragati's influence in Nation Dumping Ground rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Pragati's influence in Nation Dumping Ground rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Pragati's influence in Nation Dumping Ground rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Pragati's influence in Nation Dumping Ground rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Pragati's influence in Nation Dumping Ground rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Pragati relocated from The North Pacific to Nation Dumping Ground.
- : Pragati resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Pragati, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in Pragati, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.