“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Allied States of Preble is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory gun ownership, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 316 million Prebleans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Osprey City. The average income tax rate is 50.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Preblean economy, worth 33.8 trillion Hawks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,900 Hawks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, a third of Prebleans are e-certified CEOs, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Preble's national animal is the Werewolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Preble, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, a third of Prebleans are e-certified CEOs.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards.
- : Preble was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Preble endorsed The Kingdom of Angshire.
- : Following new legislation in Preble, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Alunya, Runeda, Territorio di Nessuno, The Rhein States, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Yaorozu, Loutsland, Trillius, Dreadton, Kwaj, Sunto, Sundred, Corfad, Daiz, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, Omnistria, Ethnon, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sockmanland, Notyoutopia, Bearical, The Tampa Bay Rays, Pallaith, Zumlandia, Newpromisedland, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, PlanetPunk, Test for a new hope, Guer Aike, North Bratislava, Sheldanada, Federation Terra Australis, Babacar, Xzavia-Hjar, Great Javadwipa, Equine Dues, Siwale, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, Elder Realms, Tellavinna, Makersaulache, Spartoptia, New Octicarg, Necromonia, and 57 others.Kasazzastan, PotatoFarmers, New Bremerton, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sea Ghost, Grimandia, Cuyan, The Iron Lions, Quebekistand, Kulgatha, New Lakemba, Partax, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Torakuen, Shadowrik, Karazan, General COE, Holy Oranz, Zokk, Steampunk Ariel, Frie Annium, Glurponia, Orado, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Robertia, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Pollos Othe, Black Templares, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Racoda, Nakayo, Pasargad, Wisconsota, Gnomewatchers, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Amauri, Potestasia, Kaschovia, Moubarakistan, The Pantheons, Eteles, Darcania, Gorundu, Wooleystan, Xentherida, Unsophisticate, Nothru Lerple, United Western Federation, and Angshire.