“We Will Endure”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Puckconnolly is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Coraline with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and zero percent divorce rate. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.518 billion Puckconnollyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thisby. The average income tax rate is 82.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Puckconnollyian economy, worth 152 trillion marks a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,342 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
History textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, and citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Puckconnolly's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Puckconnolly endorsed The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint.
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen.
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground.
- : Puckconnolly was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Puckconnolly voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, Puckconnollyian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.
- : Following new legislation in Puckconnolly, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
Endorsements Received: 48 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Roissyland, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Axdel, Brotherland, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Someseni, Stellar Colonies, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, Marrico, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Under Sea Desert, Libertanny, United China Nation, Republic of Berzerkistan, Escade, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Lerasi, Avakael, Zukchiva, Johnny Appleseed1, Eagas, Matdor, Brethren, Dragons Blood, Feu de Glace, East Malaysia, Ramaeus, La xinga, Marrabuk, and Celannica.