“Housing All Who Pay”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Pythagoras with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 999 million Pythagans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pythia. The average income tax rate is 14.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Pythagan economy, worth 138 trillion Pyths a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 138,630 Pyths, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, and helicopter parenting is on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pythaga's national animal is the Cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pythaga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Republic of Tscharva.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Emerald Forest of Eryndlynd.
- : Pythaga voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Pythaga voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Kuriko"".
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Kingdom of Artemis.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Hidden Tropical Rainforest of Forgotten Beauty.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Quentibanch of Caterasia.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The BLM-Sympathizing Nation of Entitize.
- : Pythaga was endorsed by The Federal Socialist Republic of Ziotah and Riverside.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Verdant Haven, Ransium, Frieden-und Freudenland, Kawastyselir, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Hyon Delta, Anachronolandia, Feladria, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Effazio, Lura, Canaltia, Bananaistan, Novian Republics, Cat-Herders United, Ordand, The Void Territories, Jutsa, Pen Blanityion, Blon Gre, Love and Nature, Taco Respublic, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Ziotah and Riverside, Entitize, Caterasia, Forgotten Beauty, Artemis, Eryndlynd, and Tscharva.