“Life without quail is no life at all”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Quail Empire is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 351 million Quail Empireans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 55.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Quail Empirean economy, worth 24.8 trillion Quails a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,699 Quails, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards, and citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quail Empire's national animal is the Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The Empire of Eastern Hyront Scassen.
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Quail Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Quail Empire was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
- : Following new legislation in Quail Empire, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Liberstankonia, Brotherland, Greater New Cassandra, VW53Aland, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Lingu, Libertanny, Lanagon, Pakitsk, Elejamie, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, Bai Lung, United China Nation, Federated States of Zootron, A Slanted Black Stripe, Davinhia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Kangarawa, Rainbow Vests, Freedom Fascists, Dragonia, Rhealaliit, Headpat Central, Kaigi, Lyontisia, Mays Austrian Nation, New Leganes, Socialist Holy American Empire, Tretrid, Harro Waarudho, Trimmania, A mean old man, Goodnamesarerare, Propwash, Adolanta, CopyCato, La xinga, Unger under over, Federal Republic of Hetacia, Interdimensional Waifus, Ridann, ReeK, East Malaysia, Soirwren, BearStackof2015, and 15 others.Adavan, Drunken Seal Islands, Kalaratri, Santa Dystopia, The Empire of Rijelv, Sansangra, Survivoristan, Talitoa, BTProductions, Am Echad, Evrigenis, Coruh, Ephem, Technocratic Tagalog, and Eastern Hyront Scassen.