“Greatness through innovation, power through intellect”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The United Kingdom of Quark Unit is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Liang Proton with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, complete lack of prisons, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.449 billion Quarks enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jiben Lizi. The average income tax rate is 47.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Quark economy, worth 261 trillion credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 180,255 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Home renovation shows are increasingly popular, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, a government program is underway to revitalize Quark Unit's beaches, and group hugs break out during floor votes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quark Unit's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quark Unit voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, a government program is underway to revitalize Quark Unit's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, it's not just poseurs who wear oversized sound-cancelling headphones as they walk the city streets.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Benevolent Republic of Valdwall.
- : Quark Unit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
Endorsements Received: 76 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Axdel, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Hizuru, Brotherland, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Marrico, Am Echad, Coequalia, Pakitsk, Blazing Samaritan, Kilkire, Taurora, Aeljae, The United Neo American Union, Skandinavistan, Drunken Seal Islands, Talitoa, Roliganistan, Bai Lung, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Survivoristan, Propwash, Bytes, Unger under over, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Harro Waarudho, Kaigi, Federated States of Zootron, Goodnamesarerare, The Empire of Rijelv, Galve, The Romanum Legio, Republic of Berzerkistan, Osterreich und Ungarn, Staynes, Slys Paws, Ribanzi, Wanabe, Libertanny, Escade, and 26 others.Stanisiti, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Under Sea Desert, Sericena, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Headpat Central, The Sacred Whale, La xinga, Sadghanistan, Socialist Holy American Empire, Avakael, BNV, Matdor, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Johnny Appleseed1, Eagas, Brethren, Dragons Blood, Eastie, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Valdwall, and Marrabuk.