|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Powerless Queen Jenna|
The People's Republic of Rad Asia is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Powerless Queen Jenna with a fair hand, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 932 million Rad Asians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Panda City. The average income tax rate is 82.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rad Asian economy, worth 81.9 trillion Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. Average income is 87,890 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Snap elections are called whenever there's a chance to increase Powerless Queen Jenna's majority, the nation is regarded as a paragon of democracy, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, and television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Rad Asia's national animal is the panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rad Asia, television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment.
- : Rad Asia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Rad Asia, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Rad Asia, the nation is regarded as a paragon of democracy.
- : Following new legislation in Rad Asia, snap elections are called whenever there's a chance to increase Powerless Queen Jenna's majority.
- : Rad Asia endorsed The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Rad Asia endorsed The Colony of Annie60.
- : Rad Asia was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Rad Asia was endorsed by The Colony of Annie60.
- : Following new legislation in Rad Asia, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Quiescent, Saciu, Erinor, Wehraboos, Akindom, Jehenna, The Filippinas, Land Without Shrimp, Hanguk-Nippon, Luddinlande, Academy of Umbrellas, Aidenfieeld, Farengeto, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Solar System Scope, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Ostanasia, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Tsunamy, Novagentum, Tsvetania, Los Lonley Boys, Pays de Loire, New Juan Carlos Land, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Negoshi, Staubsaugen, Nankyoku Tairiku, Rabbitz, Volaworand, Qvait, Phanama, Chew Zim, Beepee, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, World United, Xandev, North Prarie, Ariankido, Vincent Field, Jennaterra, Ave Gloriana, Aurcania, Upper Tyrconnel, and 20 others.The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Ketathinamiri Islands, New Briantown, Spearos, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Fasire, Imperial Duck, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Omiri, Paranoia, Maeiland, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Direwolf1, Annie60, and Samogitija.