“For a better tomorrow” Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The League of Socialist States
|Leader||Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour|
The Syndicalist Union of Ragnaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful population of 21.183 billion Ragnarians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Congress City. The average income tax rate is 9.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ragnarian economy, worth a remarkable 5,732 trillion People's Econas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 270,608 People's Econas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty, being dead no longer has any benefits, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, and government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ragnaria's national animal is the Akraklia, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ragnaria approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Ragnaria's influence in The League of Socialist States rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read.
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals.
- : Ragnaria agreed to construct embassies between The League of Socialist States and Jervis Bay Territory.
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, being dead no longer has any benefits.
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, one complaint of Ragnaria's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium.
Endorsements Received: 1 » United Western Lands.