“For a better tomorrow” Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The League of Socialist States
|Leader||Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour|
The Syndicalist Union of Ragnaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 23.162 billion Ragnarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Congress City. The average income tax rate is 23.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ragnarian economy, worth a remarkable 6,663 trillion People's Econas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 287,708 People's Econas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present, rumor has it that Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour has won three lotteries in a row, recognizing the Ragnarian flag qualifies you for citizenship, and it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ragnaria's national animal is the Akraklia, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Ragnaria was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Ragnaria agreed to construct embassies between The League of Socialist States and Land of Prosperity.
- : Ragnaria altered the regional flag of The League of Socialist States.
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Ragnaria aborted construction of embassies between The League of Socialist States and Plum Island.
- : Ragnaria's influence in The League of Socialist States rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Ragnaria banned The Join Lily of 119th Catgirl Division from The League of Socialist States.
Endorsements Received: None.