“Freedom is everything, give me freedom or give me death”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Land of Rakorsha is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 740 million Rakorshans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dorskovir. The average income tax rate is 56.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Rakorshan economy, worth 39.4 trillion Notes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,282 Notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, bitter pastors forced to officiate gay marriage 'accidentally' pronounce couples "husband and abomination", and international organisations everywhere are united in their condemnation of the nation's zombified military (Rakorsha has found 1 easter egg). Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rakorsha's national animal is the Vulture.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rakorsha was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Rakorsha was endorsed by The Imperium of Leonism.
- : Rakorsha was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : Rakorsha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Rakorsha was endorsed by The Empire of Mornangren.
- : Rakorsha's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Rakorsha, international organisations everywhere are united in their condemnation of the nation's zombified military (Rakorsha has found 1 easter egg).
- : Rakorsha was endorsed by The Growing Dancefloor of NoDrugCrimeTown.
- : Rakorsha was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of Hycronesia.
- : Rakorsha was endorsed by The Free Republic of Aflana.
Endorsements Received: 12 » The Sigometh Dynasty, New Rogernomics, Treadwellia, Shangri-La Valley, Denado, Thetopia, Kan Po, Aflana, Hycronesia, NoDrugCrimeTown, Mornangren, and Your Imaginary Friend.