“We Will Stand Strong Whilst They Sleep”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Archdymian hold out of Ralverinland is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.988 billion Ralverinlandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ralverin City. The average income tax rate is 11.5%.
The very strong Ralverinlandian economy, worth 330 trillion Dennoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 66,310 Dennoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, refugees from other nations are flocking to Ralverinland's border, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and solid-gold toilets are Ralverinlandian prisons' least expensive furnishings. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ralverinland's national animal is the Dragon Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ralverinland's influence in Archdymia rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Ralverinland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Ralverinland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Ralverinland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Ralverinland's influence in Archdymia fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Ralverinland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Stationary.
- : Ralverinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free and Most Secular.
- : Ralverinland's influence in Archdymia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Ralverinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Ralverinland changed its national motto to "We Will Stand Strong Whilst They Sleep".