“Peace and prosperity for all”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Federal Republic of Randbourne is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its triple-decker prams, ubiquitous missile silos, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 231 million Randbourneans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 24.8%.
The powerhouse Randbournean economy, worth 20.8 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 90,231 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper, and advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of Leader's most personal functions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Randbourne's national animal is the Brown bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Randbourne endorsed The Community of Pleroma Sans Romans.
- : Randbourne was endorsed by The Community of Pleroma Sans Romans.
- : Following new legislation in Randbourne, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of Leader's most personal functions.
- : Randbourne endorsed The Republic of Nothru Lerple.
- : Following new legislation in Randbourne, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Following new legislation in Randbourne, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Randbourne was endorsed by The Republic of Nothru Lerple.
- : Following new legislation in Randbourne, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
- : Following new legislation in Randbourne, parents tell their children 'what a lovely mistake you turned out to be'.
- : Following new legislation in Randbourne, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Runeda, Solskjar, Western Vapia, Oolah kooshie, Kasazzastan, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, Nakayo, Pasargad, Loutsland, Trillius, New Octicarg, Dar es Saalam, Omnistria, Corfad, Dreadton, Great Bights Mum, Koda-Land, The Jerichowan Country, Sundred, El Fiji Grande, Kwaj, Notyoutopia, Guer Aike, Ponantine, Shibutani, North Bratislava, Duerrlewang, Kulgatha, Calsolato, Sockmanland, Siwale, 1 very fast endotarter, Bearical, Wisconsota, Frie Annium, Sheldanada, Wineclaw, Aratani, Holy Oranz, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Gnomewatchers, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Steampunk Ariel, Federation Terra Australis, The Tampa Bay Rays, Sunto, The Lucky but Unfortunate Wanderers, and 31 others.McMasterdonia, Amauri, Shadowrik, Daiz, Cuyan, Racoda, Potestasia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kaschovia, Styrica, Zumlandia, Selfgradatude, Moubarakistan, Kenatara, The Pantheons, The Stratosphere Islands, Spartoptia, Makersaulache, Territorio di Nessuno, Eteles, Glurponia, New Bremerton, Great Robertia, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Darcania, Nordic-British Union, Gorundu, Xentherida, Nothru Lerple, and Pleroma Sans Romans.