|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Contender
The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and notable for its feral children, ritual sacrifices, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 30.453 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, although Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Education receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,775 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 222,494 Cloyns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Burning members of the Order of Violet is the nation's favorite pastime, nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, nouveau riche farmers diligently take care of their golden calf herds.
- : Ransium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, burning members of the Order of Violet is the nation's favorite pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, genetic research has been halted.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, female brains are believed to heat up dangerously when 'overclocked'.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, you're only as old as you feel.
- : Ransium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
Endorsements Received: 76 » Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Love and Nature, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, Vanenia, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Tur Ada, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Plifte, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Crowacia, Shauls, Palos Heights, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Krisylia, Appendia, Effazio, Bilsa, LVK212, Ashrah, Girelna, and 26 others.Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, New Ladavia, Atsvea, Tscharva, Gorthias, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Bestburg, Talgarth, Alcantaria, Roless, South Wal Saland, Oryx the Mad God, Forestal, Norginlajicratefe, Cikya, East Stederland, La Merced, Manniskoslaktet, Lura, Oasis De Lyhon, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Julunaphra, and Adaline.