|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Scipio with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, hatred of cheese, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 29.433 billion Ransites enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, although Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 5,689 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 193,306 Cloyns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 634,970 per year while the poor average 44,132, a ratio of 14.4 to 1.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, foreign nations often blame poverty and terrorism on Ransiumian selfishness, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, and a milk bath costs more than bathing in money. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, foreign nations often blame poverty and terrorism on Ransiumian selfishness.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, many believe that you can't repeat history's mistakes if you don't care what they were.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, carpal tunnel syndrome is on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Scipio has a wardrobe full of fake designer suits.
- : Ransium lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Mountain Ash Forests, Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Tauride, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Love and Nature, Chan Island, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, The Cypher Nine, Elundris, Entitize, Fahx, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Kinganaryasia, Sacara, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Vanenia, The Black Forrest, Boar Stacks, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Prydaein, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Tur Ada, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Groenwald, and 44 others.Mahrenbach, Bananaistan, Kinectia, Oryx the Mad God, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, Prin Halland, Zultacke, Pesto alla Genovese, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Euso, Bregaria, Lura, Ecolof, Sean Fiobha, Xandar, Cheloboria, Crowacia, The Righteous Order of Youth, Shauls, Paplia, Rippardine, Murmuria, Salvezia, Palos Heights, Snjor, Rivienland, Palmerstown SSR, Blon Gre, Coranova, Villturland, Svelta, Marimoland, Uan aa Boa, Spengland et South Toiwan, Krisylia, Roless, Appendia, Oregone, Effazio, The Southern Cascadian States, McClandia, and Lousykitty.